Competition Info & Eligibility
Who We Are
We are the Miss USA Organization, a globally-recognized pageant platform that celebrates the unique beauty of women across all cultures. We remain relevant in mainstream culture, as we connect young women to their own beauty and help activate their voice.
We are a sisterhood in arms, a family of movers and shakers in beauty and business, poised to positively impact the status of women by bringing pageants to the everyday lives of everyday Americans.
The Miss Maryland USA and Miss Maryland Teen USA Pageants are looking for diverse young women who are not only beautiful, but intelligent and willing to share their hearts and minds as ambassadors to our state and nation. Winning titles of this magnitude catapults young women to instant fame where they simultaneously become role models. There is no end to the possibilities and opportunities that await, and their year as titleholders is certain to be one full of personal growth and development.
Rules & Eligibility
- A United States citizen
- A medically recognized female
- A resident, full-time college student or retain full time employment (40 hours per week) in the state of Maryland
- TEEN ONLY: Must not be married, never have been married, and never have had a marriage annulled. Must never have given birth to a child, cannot be pregnant or be a parent or guardian of any other adult or minor person. These representations and warranties must remain true through the State Pageant and, if you win the State Pageant, through the 2023 national pageant.
- To become MISS USA you must be born between the years of 1995-2004.
- To become MISS TEEN USA you must be born between the years of 2004-2008.
- If you were born in 2004 you are eligible to compete in either division.
3 Equal Competition Phases:
⅓ Activewear, ⅓ Evening Gown, ⅓ Interview
Each contestant will compete in three equal phases of preliminary competition: Interview, Activewear (Teen) | Swimsuit (Miss), and Evening Gown.
The results from these preliminary phases of competition are weighted equally, and the contestants with the highest composite scores become semifinalists.
There is no performing talent competition. No previous pageant experience is necessary.
Swimsuit / Activewear
Attention is focused on beauty of the face, figure, physical fitness, stage presence and the confidence with which each contestant carries herself. Numerical measurements are not considered in the judging.
Each contestant wears a gown she has chosen for herself. Attention is focused on each contestant’s overall appearance, self-confidence, and the beauty she brings to the gown of her choice. Judges are instructed to evaluate the contestant, not the dress she is wearing.
Pageant judges spend time with each delegate to learn about her successes, talents, goals, and ambitions. Preliminary interviews are conducted individually in front of the judging panel in a private and closed setting. You will have a two to three-minute interview with the panel of judges.
Become A contestant
Take the next step towards becoming Miss Maryland USA or Miss Maryland Teen USA.
Click on "APPLY NOW" and complete your information.
Let your journey begin!